Saturday, May 9, 2020
You will need:
- One diced onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tsp paprika, cumin & chilli powder
- 500g beef mince
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- Fry onion until translucent, add crushed garlic cloves, deseeded and chopped red pepper and with herbs and spices. Go heavier on the chilli powder if you like it hot!
- Cook for a 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant
- Add beef mince and brown (tip: don't crowd the pan or it will end up boiling instead of frying)
- Add beef stock (or a stock cube/jelly) and chopped tomatoes
- Add salt and 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Simmer for 20 minutes, checking every so often and adding a splash of water to not dry the chili out.
- Serve on the side of steamed rice or corn chips with a side of guac, a dollop of sour cream & a glass of your favorite Sauv!